Iconic Designs. Reimagined.
From the Industrial Age and the Art Deco era to the classic designs of the Mid Century and contemporary pieces that have captured hearts and minds – at Holloways of Ludlow you will find the lighting and furniture that has made history. Whether still in continuous production or recently revived, our selection of iconic designs is unrivalled.
Shop the Icons
- About a Chair 22From £289.00
- Bestlite BL1 table lampFrom £699.00
- Glove cabinet£9,963.00
- Series 14 pendant 11 - 36 piecesFrom £7,805.00
- Series 7 chair - lacqueredFrom £472.00
- Soap pendantRRP £582.00 From £378.30
- Soap pendant - Small - silverRRP £582.00 Special Price £378.30
- Spanish ChairFrom £3,821.00
by Louis Poulsen
The most iconic lighting design of the 20th century, the PH5 Pendant was originally designed in 1958 and has been manufactured ever since by Denmark’s prestigious lighting manufacturer, Louis Poulsen.
Based on Poul Henningsen’s celebrated three-shade system, the PH5 Pendant directs the majority of its light downwards making its illumination free from glare, while simultaneously creating a sculptural effect. Today, it is widely considered the epitome of refinement.
Shop now >
Creating Classics: The Bouroullec Brothers
Establishing their very own Paris-based design studio in 1999, the Bouroullec Brothers have become the most internationally acclaimed duo in today’s design world. From growing up on a farm in Brittany to attending France’s most prestigious academies of fine art, Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec insist that the best way they work is together. Focusing on the design and organisation of the interior space, they take their inspiration from organic forms to create pieces that seamlessly integrate into both natural and urban environments - like their recent collaboration with HAY on the wildly popular Palissade Collection.
By combining archetypal furniture references with simplicity of form, the Bouroullec Brothers have created an instant classic that is as at home in the cityscape as it is in the countryside.
Find out more >
CH24 Wishbone chair - natural papercord
by Carl Hansen & Son
Originally designed by Hans J. Wegner, the CH24 Wishbone chair is an iconic design inspired by portraits of Danish merchants sitting in Chinese Ming Dynasty chairs in the late 1800s.
Offering stability, a distinctive aesthetic and a beautiful form, the chair features an intricate hand-woven paper cord seat and a characteristic ‘Y’ shaped frame which combine for durability and comfort. Expertly capturing the essence of modern Danish design, the Wishbone is viewed by many as the perfect chair, and an exquisite addition to any home setting.
Shop now >
Flos: Innovative Italian Lighting
For over 50 years, Flos has reinvented and revolutionised the concept of lighting. Internationally recognised as a leader in the lighting sector, Flos is renowned for its exquisite pendant lights and table lamps created in collaboration with some of the world’s best designers, including Philippe Starck, Michael Anastassiades and the Castiglioni brothers. Made for the contemporary home and office, Flos lighting takes the relationship between light and architecture to impressive new heights.
Explore now >
- 2097 pendantFrom £1,600.00
- 265 Small wall lightFrom £820.00
- 265 wall lightFrom £1,020.00
- Aim pendant lightFrom £480.00
- Almendra Arch pendant lightFrom £2,130.00
- Almendra Linear pendant lightFrom £2,830.00
- Almendra Organic pendant lightFrom £2,570.00
- Aoy table light£2,570.00
- Arco floor lightFrom £2,300.00
- Ariette lightFrom £300.00
- Arrangements pendantFrom £1,595.00
- Bellhop floor lightFrom £800.00
- Bellhop table lightRRP £230.00 From £184.00
- Bellhop wall lightFrom £270.00
- Biagio table light£5,480.00
- Bibliotheque Nationale floor lightFrom £1,990.00
- Bon Jour UnpluggedFrom £270.00
- Bon Jour Versailles smallFrom £310.00
- Bon Jour Versailles table lightFrom £540.00
- Button wall lightFrom £180.00
Original 1227 desk lamp
Widely considered the most successful lighting design of all time, the Original 1227 desk lamp is a true icon. With an instantly recognisable profile, and supremely functional design, one can confidently say the Original 1227 is the world’s most wellloved desk lamp. Created in 1932 by George Carwardine - a car engineer with a passion for spring mechanisms - it still comes in its original monochromatic palette, and its industrial style makes it a versatile choice for any interior aesthetic.