At the end of the 1940s, concerned that he could not find a light suitable for his job as a general mechanic, Jean-Louis Domecq drew his initial designs. After some trial and error, he finalised a design in April of 1950. The basic design had to meet the following criteria: simple, robust and containing an articulating mechanism to throw light on any job as required. Between 1951 and 1952 he began to automate production and by 1953 he had developed the now famous brand, Jielde.
Why Jielde? In French, the initials JLD are pronounced Geee El Day or Jielde. Voila! Holloways of Ludlow is proud to present some of Jielde’s iconic industrial lighting designs - including desk lights from their Loft and Signal Collections.
- Outlet Clement pendant light - Small - Vespa, Gloss, Silver interiorRRP £278.00 Special Price £167.00
- Outlet Jielde Beaumont pendant light - small - Pastel blue, Gloss, WhiteRRP £280.00 Special Price £168.00
- Outlet Jielde Loft two arm wall light - Black, Matt, Hard Wired (no switch)RRP £345.00 Special Price £224.25
- Outlet Extra large Jielde Augustin pendant light - Khaki, Gloss, GoldRRP £594.00 Special Price £415.80
- Outlet Extra large Jielde Augustin pendant light - Black, Gloss, GoldRRP £594.00 Special Price £415.80
- Outlet Medium Jielde Augustin pendant - Mustard, Gloss, SilverRRP £278.00 Special Price £194.60