The Pelican Chair
Choose PayPal Pay in 3 at checkout, and split your Holloways of Ludlow purchase into three interest-free payments, with no set up fees or charges.
Pay in 3 is as easy as 1-2-3! Here’s how it works:
- Check out with PayPal
- If your total is between £30-£2,000, choose “Pay in 3” and complete your purchase.
- Make the first payment now and pay the rest in two payments every month on the same date.
Buy the things you want, need and love now with PayPal Pay in 3!
*Terms & Conditions apply. Subject to status. UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit and may affect your credit score. Late fees apply for missed payments. PayPal is a responsible lender.
Experience the ultimate in modern furniture design with the Finn Juhl Pelican Chair. Originally presented at the Copenhagen Cabinetmakers’ Guild Exhibition in 1940, the Pelican Chair quickly stood out with its unique shape and bold, sturdy legs. Finn Juhl's fascination for surrealism is clearly visible in this masterpiece, which was probably the one furthest, ahead of its time out of all his many designs. The chair's organic curves and plush finishes tap into one of Juhl's core beliefs - that armchairs could be thrones for living.
Defined by a soft, organic form, the low lounge chair beautifully holds you in a comforting embrace, creating an inviting, calming atmosphere. The luxurious sheepskin upholstery creates a distinguished, elegant profile and impressive seat space of outstanding comfort and warmth. The Pelican Chair is produced in two versions - with or without buttons - and is available in sheepskin, textile, or leather. The legs are available in oak, walnut, or black painted, providing a variety of customisation options to suit your personal style and preferences.
The iconic chair blends in perfectly with today’s modern interiors, making it a must-have for any design enthusiast looking to add a touch of elegance and comfort to their home. It is a perfect match for the Pelican Table and the Poet Sofa, providing a cohesive and stylish aesthetic for any living room or bedroom. The Pelican Chair has become an important milestone in the history of Scandinavian design, beloved by collectors and newcomers alike. Bold, cosy, and immediately recognisable, it is a true masterpiece that showcases the finest craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Bring a piece of history into your home with the Finn Juhl Pelican Chair.
About your delivery
- We aim to get your items to you as soon as possible.
- For regular sized packages we use an overnight courier company, usually either DPD or APC.
- For oversized, heavy or awkward packages a more bespoke delivery service will be provided.
- Once your order has been despatched, you will receive a tracking link by email so you can follow your delivery to your door.
- Free Delivery offer only applies to UK mainland purchases. We reserve the right to make additional charges for overseas deliveries and for remote parts of the UK, including Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Shetland, and the Highlands.
What happens when I order?
- If your order is in stock, you should have your item(s) within 3-5 days of placing your order, but please note there can be a small increase in delivery time during busy periods.
Free Click & Collect is available from all of our showroom locations and from our warehouse in Ludlow. This can be selected as an option within our checkout. PLEASE NOTE: Stock is not held in our stores and your order will need to be transferred from our warehouse to the relevant store - this can take 4-8 days. For in stock items, the fastest way to receive your order is to have it delivered directly to you.
- All goods can be returned within 14 days of delivery if they do not meet your requirements.
- Returned goods must be returned with all parts, packaging, and instructions in perfect condition for a refund to be issued.
- The customer is responsible for selecting a suitable means of returning the goods to us. For any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we receive your order a refund can take up to 14 days to be visable in your account.
For more information, please view our full Delivery & Returns page.