The Best British Brands
British brands have shaped the world of design and we are proud to stock so many of the nations premier lighting and furniture brands. To encourage you to shop British this month, we will give 10% of all revenue from British brands to a couple of local charities; Heath Hands And Small Woods. So without further ado, here are the Best of British:
Arguably the most iconic British design brand, Anglepoise was established in 1932 when automotive engineer George Carwardine invented the formula for a new kind of spring mechanism whilst working in his garage on a vehicle suspension system. The brand is still run by its founding family, who have worked alongside legendary Brits including Kenneth Grange, Paul Smith and Margaret Howell to ensure they remain at the forefront of British design.
- Anglepoise Original 1227 floor lamp National Trust editionRRP £329.00 From £279.65
- Anglepoise Type 75 mini wall light - Margaret Howell editionRRP £100.00 From £85.00
- Anglepoise Type 75 floor lamp Paul Smith EditionRRP £369.00 From £313.65
- Anglepoise Type 75 desk lamp Paul Smith editionRRP £289.00 From £245.65
- Anglepoise Original 1227 PendantRRP £85.00 From £72.25
- Anglepoise Type 80 W3 wall lightRRP £349.00 From £296.65
- Anglepoise Type 75 desk light - Margaret Howell editionRRP £219.00 From £175.20
- Anglepoise Type 75 Maxi pendantRRP £199.00 From £169.15
Case Furniture was founded in London in 2006 by Paul Newman, who graduated in 1981 with a BA Furniture degree from Hornsey College of Art, after completing a foundation course at Chelsea College of Art. He ran a workshop in North London and worked for Aero before he created his own brand which has collaborated with several award-winning British designers.
- Dulwich Extending TableFrom £2,755.00
- Celine DeskFrom £715.00
- Eos chaise longueFrom £795.00
- Eos bar tableFrom £465.00
- Valentine TallboyFrom £1,930.00
- Loku ChairFrom £415.00
- Eos coffee tableFrom £530.00
John Green Design
John Green Design is a UK-based brand founded by John Green, a product designer who studied at York St John University. Green's career began with the design of "Embrace," a coffee table made of bent plywood, which won the 2007 CSD Award and a Grand Designs award after being put into production. Green subsequently founded his own studio, where he works on both his own label and freelance projects for established international brands.
- Otis Dining ChairFrom £365.00
- Otis Counter StoolFrom £460.00
- Embrace Side TableFrom £330.00
J. Adams is a Birmingham-based brand that has been producing quality lighting for over 50 years. Their range of lighting includes traditional and contemporary designs that reflect their values. Each piece is handmade and features unique, highly engineered details that set them apart, and they are built to last with exacting standards and the best quality materials.
- Flume clusterFrom £1,728.00
- Spot pendant systemFrom £2,106.00
- Flume Pendant Light IP44 RatedFrom £654.00
- Hazel pendant outdoorFrom £828.00
- Flume Wall Light IP44 RatedFrom £648.00
- Spot ceiling light - doubleFrom £552.00
- Spot wall light - adjustableFrom £450.00
- Spot table lightFrom £588.00
Bert Frank is a British luxury lighting brand founded in 2013 by Robbie Llewellyn and Adam Yeates. Their industrial-inspired designs blend traditional manufacturing with modern technology, and they strive to create products that will last a lifetime in your home. Based in Birmingham, Bert Frank is proud to design, manufacture, and assemble all their products in the UK.
- Shear floor lightFrom £1,725.00
- Stasis table lightFrom £1,200.00
- Shear wall lightRRP £625.00 From £375.00
- Shear pendantFrom £395.00
- Triarc pendantFrom £2,595.00
- Farol wall lightFrom £745.00
- Kernel pendantFrom £2,000.00
- Revolve rise and fall pendantFrom £1,350.00
Leverint is a leading London-based lighting company that specialises in creating high-quality, beautifully crafted lighting solutions made in the UK. Their passion for design and craftsmanship has made them renowned in the industry for their innovative designs and attention to detail. Several of their most popular ranges are named after parts of London.
- Leverint Camden pendantFrom £249.00
- Richmond Pendant, MediumFrom £299.00
- Victoria Pendant, MediumFrom £275.00
- Paddington Pendant, XLFrom £549.00
The Alchemist Collection is a unique collaboration between Gwyn Carless, a lighting designer from Derbyshire, and The Light Yard, a specialist lighting supplier based in Lancashire. Each light fitting in the collection is exclusive in design and handcrafted using top-quality, hand-cut glass, resulting in completely unique pieces. The Alchemist Collection offers an innovative range of pendants, wall lights, table lamps, and floor lamps, available in a variety of colours and designs.
- Long Wall LightFrom £223.00
- Globe Pendant LightFrom £209.00
- Long Wall Light - BathroomFrom £273.00
- Squirrel Wall LightFrom £185.00
- Globe Pendant Light - BathroomFrom £260.00
Buster + Punch
Buster + Punch is a London-born home fashion label that creates high-quality lighting, hardware, and furniture. Their products are designed to be both functional and aesthetically pleasing, with a focus on craftsmanship and attention to detail. The brand is known for their innovative use of materials, such as solid metal and crystal glass, and their commitment to sustainability by using eco-friendly materials and practices.
- Caged Wall 1.0 Lamp MediumFrom £383.00
- 3G dimmer switchFrom £168.00
- Caged Wall 2.0 Lamp Extra LargeFrom £1,054.00
- 2G UK plug socketFrom £37.00
- Buster Bulbs - teardropFrom £42.00
- Caged Ceiling 5.0 LampFrom £1,442.00
- Hooked wall light with shadeFrom £423.00
- Hero PendantFrom £1,253.00
CTO Lighting is a luxury lighting brand based in the UK, specializing in contemporary and bespoke lighting designs. The brand was founded in 1998 and has since gained a reputation for their high-quality craftsmanship and attention to detail. CTO Lighting uses a combination of traditional and modern techniques to create unique, handcrafted lighting fixtures that are both functional and beautiful.
- Lunar pendantFrom £3,965.00
- Oscar floor lightFrom £2,240.00
- Array wall lightFrom £610.00
- Array cotton mini pendantFrom £1,440.00
- Ivy 8 pendantFrom £9,835.00
- Stella table lampFrom £1,970.00
Davey Lighting's roots date back to 19th Century London shipyards. Today, the brand combines industrial design, traditional craftsmanship and the finest raw materials to produce authentic, unique lights that are still made with the same attention to detail as their original industrial purpose. Davey Lighting works with small specialist UK suppliers using centuries-old traditions, from castings and spinnings to specialist engineering work, to ensure all components are of the highest quality.
- Davey Workshop pendantRRP £479.00 From £407.15
- Pine bathroom pendantRRP £415.00 From £352.75
- Glass York wall lightRRP £355.00 From £301.75
- Glass School pendantRRP £355.00 From £301.75
- Outlet Wide bathroom pillar light - IP44 LED - Small, ChromeRRP £679.00 Special Price £407.40
- Narrow Box lightRRP £619.00 From £526.15
- Pine bathroom wall lightRRP £415.00 Special Price £352.75
Original BTC is a UK lighting brand established in 1990 by Peter Bowles, based in Oxford. The brand offers a diverse range of unique lighting that combines Britain's rich post-industrialisation history with modern trends, resulting in innovative designs. Original BTC draws inspiration from their British heritage, and their lights are crafted with a meticulous attention to detail and quality.
- Hector Dome table lampRRP £235.00 From £199.75
- Task short wall lightRRP £299.00 From £254.15
- Hector Pleat table lampRRP £235.00 From £199.75
- Titan pendant - size 1RRP £329.00 From £279.65
- Hector Flowerpot wall lightRRP £175.00 From £148.75
- London table lightRRP £675.00 From £573.75
- Brompton pendantRRP £385.00 From £327.25
- Cosmo Rise & Fall pendantRRP £399.00 From £339.15
Established in 1982 by Fritz Fryer and his partner Joan Graham in Ross on Wye, Herefordshire, they quickly gained a formidable reputation for high quality antique lighting, handmade in the UK. The brand is dedicated to sustainability and ethics, constantly seeking new ways to improve their already low carbon footprint.
- Hereford bathroom wall lightRRP £245.00 From £208.25
- Wye valley bathroom pendantRRP £380.00 From £323.00
- Wellington bathroom pendantRRP £325.00 From £276.25
- Ledbury spotlightRRP £190.00 From £161.50
- Hereford adjustable reading lightRRP £270.00 From £229.50
- Ledbury 3 way pendantRRP £840.00 From £714.00
- Moccas industrial pendant - whiteRRP £110.00 From £93.50
- Aston table lightRRP £1,395.00 From £1,185.75
Launched on London's Portobello Road in 1999, Gong has established a strong reputation within the international design community for its one-of-a-kind contemporary lighting collections.Focused on providing style with atmosphere, Gong deliver exactly what they promise by combining their inventive designs with high quality materials and expert craftsmanship.
- Peggy Up and Down wall lightFrom £345.00
- Dino floor lightRRP £740.00 From £555.00
- Peggy table lampFrom £299.00
- Flute Wall LightFrom £155.00
- Dino 6 arm ceiling lightFrom £2,300.00
- Dino twin wall lightFrom £355.00
- Peggy adjustable wall lightFrom £260.00
- Peggy 6 arm chandelierFrom £1,870.00
Industville specialises in the design and manufacture of vintage industrial inspired lighting. They pride themselves on offering high quality, design-led products. All of Industville’s products are designed in house, by a team of experienced designers and architectural specialists in the UK. All pieces are exclusively manufactured in their dedicated factory.
- Giant sleek Edison pendantFrom £119.00
One of the leading product designers in the UK, Lee Broom and his eponymous brand specialise in luxury lighting and furniture design. Having won more than 20 awards for his lighting, including the prestigious British Designer of the Year Award in 2012, Lee Broom also received a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2015.
- Eclipse table lightFrom £1,520.00
- Mini crescent chandelierFrom £1,900.00
- Crystal tube pendantFrom £3,030.00
- Marble Tube wall lightFrom £4,350.00
- Aurora chandelierFrom £3,340.00
- Chamber pendantFrom £1,110.00
- Crystal Tube wall lightFrom £3,030.00
Lefroy Brooks is a British manufacturer of high-end bathroom fixtures and accessories known for their luxurious and vintage-inspired designs. The company was founded in 1987 and has since become a leading name in the industry, supplying their products to prestigious hotels, restaurants, and residential properties around the world.
- Lefroy Brooks Classic low level loo - CompleteRRP £1,256.00 From £942.00
- Lefroy Brooks Metropole basinRRP £534.00 From £400.50
- Lefroy Brooks Classic high-level WC - CompleteRRP £1,490.00 From £1,117.50
- Lefroy Brooks Classic close coupled WC - CompleteRRP £1,519.00 From £1,139.25
- Lefroy Brooks Lissa Doon close coupled WC - CompleteRRP £1,576.00 From £1,182.00
Established in 1971, Limehouse Lamp Company is dedicated to reproducing genuine antique lighting with remarkable accuracy. Their entire range is meticulously crafted by hand from brass and copper, in their factory located in the South Downs of Sussex. Using centuries-old traditional techniques, each piece is constructed with authenticity in mind, resulting in no two lights being identical, and making each one a desirable and one-of-a-kind piece.
- Outlet Pagoda flush passage lamp - Small - polished nickelRRP £687.00 Special Price £412.20
- Outlet Map Room wall light - Large Map Room wall light - Antique BrassRRP £187.00 Special Price £112.20
- Outlet Twin Grosvenor wall light - Old antique - No shadeRRP £411.00 Special Price £246.60
- Outlet Map Room Multiple Pendant - 3 Light - Antique BrassRRP £979.00 Special Price £587.40
- Clearance Chelsea passage lamp - Lacquered polished brass, IP23RRP £526.00 Special Price £315.60
- Outlet Windsor wall lamp - Old antique finishRRP £553.00 Special Price £331.80
- Outlet Twin Hampton wall light - Distressed - No shadeRRP £534.00 Special Price £320.40
- Etoile wall sconceRRP £436.00 From £370.60
SCP is a British furniture and design company founded in 1985 by Sheridan Coakley. The company is known for its minimalist and contemporary designs, often featuring the work of emerging designers from the UK. SCP has showrooms in London and Paris, and their products can also be found in retailers worldwide.
- Agnes MirrorFrom £425.00
- Oscar armchairFrom £3,383.00
- Kenneth sofaFrom £3,346.00
- Agnes High Shelving UnitFrom £1,245.00
- Agnes Medium Shelving UnitFrom £735.00
- Agnes Side TableFrom £445.00
- Calvo Side TableFrom £380.00
- Colemore armchairFrom £3,825.00
Tigermoth creates exceptional statement lighting that is meticulously crafted from top-quality materials and custom-made in England. Their range includes chandeliers, pendant lights, wall lights, and table lamps. Every piece is skillfully handmade by Tigermoth's expert craftsmen and women at their workshop located near the River Thames in Berkshire, England.
- Crystal Long chandelierFrom £4,452.00
- Chain Long chandelierFrom £5,312.00
- Chain mini pendantFrom £776.00
- Small 3 arm stem chandelierFrom £3,332.00
- Chain maxi wall lightFrom £548.00
- Chain shallow chandelierFrom £4,704.00
- Stem chandelier with latticeFrom £5,636.00
- Stem chandelier with silkFrom £4,541.00
Tom Dixon is a British design and manufacturing company established in 2002, specialising in lighting, furniture, and home accessories. The brand is known for its innovative designs that blend traditional techniques with modern materials and technologies. Tom Dixon, the brand's eponymous founder and creative director, is a self-taught British designer who has won numerous awards for his work and has been recognised as one of the most influential designers in the world.
- Melt pendant light - LEDFrom £625.00
- Bell table lampFrom £525.00
- Melt wall / ceiling lightRRP £640.00 From £448.00
- Wingback armchairFrom £3,780.00
- Beat LED pendant lightsFrom £400.00
- Wingback sofaFrom £6,200.00
Tom Kirk Lighting
Located in South London, Tom Kirk Lighting is a renowned lighting company known for creating exceptional and distinct lighting fixtures that are highly sought after in the market. Founded by Tom Kirk in 2003, the company has gained recognition for its inventive designs and dedication to producing functional and visually appealing products. Tom Kirk Lighting's products have graced some of the world's most prestigious locations, such as the Emirates Stadium in London, showcasing their exceptional quality and style.
- Facet pendantFrom £756.00
- Flute bathroom wall lightsFrom £396.00
- Linear ChandelierFrom £4,560.00
- Cintola wall lightFrom £450.00
- Pod Table LightFrom £708.00
- GS wall lightFrom £384.00
- Disc pendant - frosted glassFrom £948.00
Turnstyle Designs has been providing luxurious door hardware for residential, commercial, and yacht projects for over 25 years. Their products are designed and manufactured to the highest standards in the UK, and their meticulous attention to detail is evident in every piece.
- Shagreen door handlesFrom £202.00
- Woven leather door handlesFrom £237.00
- Leather plain strap handleFrom £18.00